Isokon Building

Wells Coates / Avanti

The extensive refurbishment of this once semi-derelict building by Avanti has restored one of London’s most important Modernist landmarks.  Once inhabited by Henry Moore, Walter Gropius and Agatha Christie, the Isokon building (1934) was an experiment in socialised architecture.  

 

Its architect Wells Coates invented the D-pull handle and izé was asked to recreate those original designs for use throughout the building from furniture to sliding doors.